Specifically designed to prepare medical students for their initial encounters with patients with heart disease, this award-winning text bridges basic cardiac physiology with clinical care. Written by internationally recognized Harvard Medical School faculty and select medical students, Pathophysiology of Heart Disease, Sixth Edition provides a solid foundation of knowledge regarding diseases of the heart and circulation. Under the experienced editorial guidance of Dr. Leonard S. Lilly, this best-selling monograph has an outstanding reputation among medical students and faculty worldwide.
Student-friendly features of the Sixth Edition include a new, full-color design and illustrations; end-of-chapter summaries; updated content, including recent technological advances; and access to an interactive eBook.
- New full-color presentation makes the text more visually appealing.
- Up-to-date medical imaging and color clinical photographs show real-world examples of cardiovascular diseases and related conditions.
- Updated Chapter Summaries reflect consistency in length and format, making study easier.
- Updated Additional Reading references keep readers abreast of the latest literature in the field.
- Winner of two awards of excellence from the American Medical Writers Association, and recommended by medical schools worldwide.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, offering tablet, smartphone or accessed online to:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- A powerful search tool that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- A highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick-reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use